Just released today: WebMesh Framework 0.13 and WebMesh Newsletter case study. WebMesh Framework is strongly based on PHP5 and proposes a standard structure for PHP projects with intention of
- Force a better organization of the your project classes.
- Encourage the use of the PHP version 5.
- Increase the code reuse level
WebMesh framework new features :
- Several abstractions to make developer’s life easier including : HTTP Encapsulation, emails, collections, image manipulating, I/O facilities, socket encapsulation, UI components and more.
- Implementation of the pattern MVC (Model2) where:
- Model layer can uses persistence package with the dataobject sub package or adaptations for another frameworks
- View layer using Smarty template framework or another framework that you to prefer to integrate in this layer and
- Controller layer using Action classes centralized in one FrontController and some features such as ActionMessages and actions implemented based in the CRUD operations (Apache Struts 1.3.x like)
- Support for i18n using properties files.
- Configured using properties files.
- Provides a persistence API extending the DB_DataObject library of the PEAR repository. Offer persist data in Relational Databases or in a XML files.
- Integration with Smarty (used in MVC implementation), Log4PHP, PEAR and J4avaScript libraries and components.
- Provides WebMesh Newsletter that implements a simple newsletter sender application based in the latest version of the WebMesh Framework (0.13) and serve to understand better how to use this framework.
More information and download at https://sourceforge.net/projects/webmesh/ , released under a GPL v2 License.
Update : Webmesh is no longer maintained, the latest release from 2013 !