Google have just launched Web Stories WordPress plugin in the WordPress plugin repository. The plugin allow editors to create content in the web stories format from your WordPress website. The plugin was previously available at GitHub as a beta version, it is now available as a full WordPress plugin version 1.0.0.
Web Stories are visible in Google search, Google images, Google Discover, and Google App. It allow users to access web content in a very original visual format. Focusing more on the visual aspect of the story telling instead of the content itself. The result is very attractive and definitely attract more readers / viewers and advertiser.
The WordPress plugin will help democratizing Google Web stories concept, and make it easier to adopt and convert pages to web stories format.
Web Stories are a free, open-web, visual storytelling format for the web, enabling you to easily create visual narratives with engaging animations and tappable interactions, and immerse your readers in great and fast-loading full-screen experiences.
The Web Stories format puts features and capabilities at your fingertips to engage with your audience via the power of storytelling on the open web. Specifically, you can:
- Create beautiful and engaging content easily: Web Stories make the production of stories as easy as possible from a technical perspective.
- Enjoy creative flexibility for editorial freedom and branding: The Web Stories format comes with preset but flexible layout templates, standardized UI controls, and components for sharing and adding follow-on content.
- Share and link your stories on the open web: Web Stories are part of the open web and can be shared and embedded across sites and apps without being confined to a single ecosystem.
- Track and measure your stories: Supports analytics and bookend capabilities for viral sharing and monetization.
- Capture the attention of your readers by offering fast loading times to your stories: Web Stories are lightning fast so that your audience stays engaged and entertained.
- Engage with your readers via immersive storytelling: Web Stories are a new and modern way to reach existing readers.
- Monetize effectively the beautiful and engaging stories you create: Web Stories enable monetization capability for publishers using affiliate links. For advertisers, Stories is a way to reach a unique audience within a new storytelling experience.
Web Stories are for everyone! If you are a site owner, content creator, or publisher on the web, embracing the Web Stories format would be great as a way to enhance the quality of your content strategy, the value you bring to your readers, and consequently your chances of achieving sustainable success.
More information and install at https://wordpress.org/plugins/web-stories/